Contract (1 year)
Our client is a global language learning marketplace that connects students and teachers through 1-on-1 online language lessons. They’ve helped more than 5 million language learners take control of their learning and make their language journey unique. To us, nothing beats human connection when it comes to language learning, which is why it’s our aim to make the best community marketplace on the internet. With over 10,000 teachers teaching more than 130 languages, we have an ever-expanding pool of diverse languages available for everyone to learn, anytime, anywhere.
Our Team When you choose to join us, you join forces with a dynamic and culturally diverse company. Our users come from all over the world and so does our team. It is this diversity which makes us unique. We've people from over 16 countries working with us. We’re constantly growing and bringing cultures together to create a global language learning community.
Reasons to Join:
1. We are a global business company! International workspace.
2. Central, downtown location
3. Great medical insurance
4. 15 paid personal days per year Yearly team travel
5. Travel Benefit
6. Technology Benefit
7. Study Benefit
8. Fitness Benefit
9. Language learning credits every month Opportunities for career advancement
We will offer foreigners a work visa service if you meet all the requirements of China government's policies.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa/travel restrictions in place, we're currently unable to extend offers to anyone who cannot work from China due to lockdown visa/travel restrictions, or other restrictive measures until further notice. Consequently, we will be prioritizing candidates who can start in this location by the set date as expected. We‘re keeping the situation under review and would adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on.
We are looking for an experienced leader to grow and implement the strategic vision for our most important resource - our Teachers.
As the manager of the teacher success team, you will manage the Teacher Team to champion and drive programs to ensure that teachers have the best possible experience on us. The ideal candidate will need to be both strategic and tactical to continually develop and improve all teacher-related programs, policies and processes during the teacher lifecycle from recruitment, onboarding, training and development, communications, and quality control. The candidate should have a background in offline or online language acquisition pedagogy and lead our academic and research efforts to change the way the world learns a foreign language.
This is a management position that will work closely with our product, marketing, and regional teams to ensure our Teachers can be utilized as a shared resource. The ideal candidate should be exceptional team players, who have collaborated with team members from diverse backgrounds and at all levels. Reporting to the director of service operations, working with senior management team to set the vision, direction and goals for our Teachers.
The position is based in Shanghai, China. Candidates not based in China or unable to relocate to Shanghai need not apply.
● Follow company strategies, roadmap and execution for global teacher resources on our marketplace.
● Define, monitor and analyze metrics that help to measure the success of Teachers
● Lead and manage the ongoing professional development of the teacher success team
● Lead online language acquisition pedagogy research and ensure these insights are shared across relevant stakeholders in the company
● Represent Teachers in internal cross-functional and external settings, make sound decisions on project scoping, content design, and team allocation
● Identify staffing needs on the teacher success team
● Responsible for/ participate in projects related to teacher success
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Linguistic, or a related field
● 5+ years of full time working experience in business management or product management role in education technology, marketplace, e-commerce, or related industry
● Background in academic learning pedagogy or a deep understanding of online education learning frameworks, familiarity with the tools and platforms
● Experienced people manager with strong track record of leading teams and developing individuals
● Ability and experience working in cross-functional teams and a track record of taking initiative in ambiguous and dynamic environments
● Proven ability to forge strong relationships, lead cross-functional teams and handle stakeholder management
● Incredible perseverance and drive, manifested in a strong work ethic and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done
● Excellence in presentation, spoken and written skills in Mandarin and English
● Passion for languages with language skills in addition to required Mandarin and English
● Experience in high tech, software development, education technology industries
● Experience in growing and scaling company growth or start up team experience
● Experience in companies with global / regional presence with multiple offices across different
● Prior academic, language teaching experience or teacher management experience
ESL Teacher, Public, Sep 2021
24,000 - 30,000 RMB/Month
Business Process Manager
Assistant Restaurant Manager, Food Operations
Senior Trainer, Talent Development