New Oriental Education and Technology Group
Contract (1 year)
New Oriental School first focused on adult education in Beijing, China; by 1995, student enrolment had reached 15,000 students in their GRE and TOEFL exam preparation courses. During the early 2000s, New Oriental School started their POP young learners’ program in Wuhan, China and continued to expand to new cities throughout Mainland China. As of November 30, 2017, they have a network of 82 schools, 940 learning centers, 19 bookstores, and a large nation-wide network of online and offline bookstores with approximately 19.5 million registered users.
New Oriental School has over 24,000 teachers in 70 cities across Mainland China. Since it’s inception in 1993, New Oriental School has had over 33.5 million student enrolments, including 4.9 million enrolments in 2017. Approximately 50% of Chinese students studying abroad have either studied in New Oriental School or have participated in one of the company’s examinations.
New Oriental provides its valued teachers with all the tools to shine and excel as a wonderful English teacher, from in depth training to detailed materials.
Our courses utilize a range of presentation, interactive whiteboard, pad and app technology, so that the best experience can be given to both the teacher and the students in the classroom.
With our small classes of maximum 12-16 students, the teacher really has the opportunity to connect with and get to know their students well.
At New Oriental, the teacher’s time is valued. Teachers are provided with fully structured materials to use in their classes, allowing them to simply focus on their teaching.
Our courses range from the lively and fun ages of 3-4 years old up to the more conversational ages of 13-14 years old.
Salary and Benefits:
• Highly competitive salary and great working benefits.
• Yearly evaluation for raises.
• Bonuses for student retention.
• Bonuses for class sizes.
• Our teachers have between 3.5-4.5 days off a week. Our work time is Friday late afternoon and evening, all day Saturday and Sunday. In some cases, Thursday may also be required.
• Our classes currently stop 3-4 weeks a year for Chinese national holidays.
• In addition to when the classes stop, teachers are allowed up to 3 times personal leave a year.
• Full course, teacher and company training are provided, both online and in-person.
• Teaching materials are provided.
• Writing of lesson plans is not required.
• Office time is not required.
• We provide Work Permit for teachers who meet the requirements.
• Teaching students English (3-14 years old) in classes ranging from 8-16
students in size.
• Doing demonstration classes and marketing activities.
• Communicating in-person to the parents about their children’s progress.
• Communicating with the Chinese teachers about the class and the students’progress.
• Working as a team with the Chinese teachers and centre managers to create good, working relationships and promote Shanghai New Oriental to the parents/prospective parents and the students/prospective students.
Foreign English Teacher for Kindergarten
10,000 - 20,000 RMB/Month
Operation and Maintenance Engineer
18,000 - 24,000 RMB/Month
Jurong west, Singapore
18,000 - 22,000 RMB/Month
Key Account Manager
International Public Relations Manager
20,000 - 26,000 RMB/Month