Guangzhou Guangdong, China
Contract (1 year)
The ISA International Education group currently operates one international school in Tianhe, Guangzhou and will open a K-12 international school in Science City, Guangzhou in September 2020.
ISA’s third venture, also starting in September 2020 is a cooperative programme with the renowned Guangzhou Foreign Language School in Nansha, Guangzhou. This will be a three-year programme with a preparatory Grade 10 year and the Diploma Programme for Grades 11 and 12. All students in this programme will be boarders. The programme is taught in English and will assist highly aspirational students in their goals of studying at universities in countries such as Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK, Canada and Singapore.
This programme is committed to outstanding learning opportunities and delivered in an international learning environment This environment will ensure that access to curriculum and additional programmes is provided to all enrolled students and that these offerings are globally recognised and support international mobility. By fusing international and Chinese educational thinking, practices and traditions, this programme will prepare students for lifelong learning, and a rich and self-fulfilling future.
In the ISA Wenhua community, our beliefs shape the way we function as a school. We expect all staff to have the following qualities:
• A clear ability for working with young people and assisting them attain their goals
• A competent knowledge and understanding of their subject area and associated pedagogies
• A commitment to a teenager’s education beyond the classroom
• Proactively integrating cultural diversity in the workplace
• Treating all members of our school community with respect, compassion and integrity
-2020-2021 academic year: teaching will be for two Grade 10 classes and the preparation of the Grade 11-12 IB Diploma Programme curriculum.
-2021-2022 academic year: it is envisaged that there will be two Grade 10 preparatory classes and two Grade 11 classes [Grade 11 being the first year of the DP].
-2022-2023 academic year: it is envisaged that there will be two Grade 10 preparatory classes, two Grade 11 classes, and two Grade 12 classes [first graduation in June 2023, following May IB Diploma examinations].
The Guangzhou Foreign Language School is authorized [June 2019] to deliver the IB Diploma Programme. The ISA International Education Group will provide a Principal, DP Coordinator, and teachers, and co-manage the programme.
English literature Teacher(Foreign Teacher)
1) Experience and Competencies:
2)Monthly Salary: RMB25K-45K
3)Offer: Free accommodation; Air tickets allowance; Shipping fees; Retirement allowance
Teaching Position Description
1. Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, either in the subject/s to be taught [or a Bachelor of Education with majors in the subjects to be taught
2. A recognised teaching certificate, diploma or degree involving successfully completed teaching practicums (PGCE, Graduate Diploma in Education, Bachelor of Education, Masters of Teaching)
1. Minimum of 2 years’ full-time equivalent teaching in schools
2. Experience in teaching subjects contracted to teach in this programme
3. Experience in teaching IB programmes, taking students through DP assessment, including May examinations; or systems which require inquiry learning
4. Experience with senior secondary teaching
1. High proficiency in spoken and written English with a clear, classic accent
2. Service-oriented, adaptable, experience or alignment with the ethos of a private school
3. Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with team spirit and intercultural awareness
5. Ability to work in a multicultural community
6. Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships
7. High level of integrity
8. A good sense of humour and able to maintain perspective during times of workplace intensity
Are You Aligned?
The main role of ISA Wenhua teachers is to maximise student learning through the planning, development and teaching of the curriculum to meet students’ individual learning needs and achieve specific student outcomes, in this case those defined by the IB Diploma Programme.
Teachers guide a range of student abilities and are accountable for the effective delivery of their curriculum. Subject teachers engage in critical reflection in order to improve their knowledge and skills to better engage students and improve learning for both student and teacher.
The subject teacher’s contribution to the school goes beyond the classroom. They participate in the development of school policies and programmes and assist in the implementation of school priorities. In addition to their teaching duties, all subject teachers are required to undertake other duties as assigned by the Principal or a delegated responsible person.
1. Plan, develop and deliver outstanding teaching and learning according to the principles and guidelines of the IB Diploma Programme
2. Plan, develop and deliver an outstanding Grade 10 curriculum to prepare students for the DP
3. Utilise ‘Assessment for Learning’, ‘Assessment as Learning’, and ‘Assessment of Learning’ to develop and implement outstanding assessment programmes
4. Provide timely and purposeful formative feedback to students
5. Develop and write clear, accurate, and personal student reports to communicate their progress and achievements
6. Use explicit learning intentions and success criteria to motivate and progress student learning
7. Implement essential school DP related policies in language, assessment, academic honesty, inclusion/SEN
8. Save and store all teaching resources in the Learning Management System established by the ISA Wenhua Principal
9. Follow the school calendar for semesters, terms and holidays
1. Complete the relevant IBDP workshops, as requested by the ISA Wenhua Principal
2. Engage in Professional Learning Communication further personal growth and development
3. Engage in Peer Review of Teaching to share teaching experiences with others in an informal way
4. Collaborate with the ISA Wenhua Principal for Teacher Evaluation experiences
1. Develop a positive and caring classroom climate, showing commitment to the wellbeing of each student
2. Collaborate with colleagues, school counsellors and parents to help motivate students for whole-school events, assist them with developing character strengths, assist if learning issues arise, and respond insightfully and positively to student concerns
3. Collaborate with school counsellors to assist students develop realistic plans for university study and career possibilities
4. Maintain accurate records of student attendance and wellness
5. Conduct morning homeroom sessions with a student-centred and pastoral approach
6. Assist with the organisation of cocurricular activities and events, some organised by the ISA Wenhua Team and some by the Guangzhou Foreign Language School Team Report issues of suspected or actual child abuse to the ISA Wenhua Principal
Cultural & Legal:
1. Support the Vision, Mission, Values and Goals of ISA Wenhua and the Guangzhou Foreign Language School
2. Maintain morally and ethically upstanding principles of personal conduct at school, in the local community and anywhere in China
3. Display understanding and acceptance of cultural values and norms that are different to one’s own
4. Engage insightfully and sensitively with adults and students from different nationalities and cultures
5. Act in accordance with relevant PRC legislation, particularly regarding educational provision, student and personal health and safety, and child protection and safeguarding
Kindergarten English Teacher
20,000 - 34,000 RMB/Month
Key Account Manager
24,000 - 40,000 RMB/Month
Senior HR Manager
24,000 - 26,000 RMB/Month
Advertising placement optimizer Japanese market-OPL
10,000 - 14,000 RMB/Month